I love making creative little pizzas for myself and my husband during our weekly “pizza movie night”. Our kids always prefer plan cheese & tomato, but it’s become ritual for my husband and I to have a special “date night” while assembling our own pizzas. We talk about our week, sip wine, eat cheese and olives, and generally just unwind.
I’ve been meaning to post all my “special” pizza recipes, and finally, I’m able to fit it into my workflow. This Pesto & Buratta Pizza topped with spinach was fresh and very fitting for spring.
Pesto & Burrata Single-Serving Pizza
- 1/12 recipe Olive Oil Pizza Crust one-twelfth the recipe of my Olive Oil Pizza Crust
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh burrata cheese basically, as much cheese as you want or will fit
- a few fresh spinach leaves torn
- drizzle olive oil
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to at least 425°F
- Roll out 1/12 (one-twelfth) recipe of my Olive Oil Pizza Crust
- Drizzle and spread just a bit of olive oil on the pizza pan. Lay the dough on the pizza pan, then flip dough over so each side has a fine layer of olive oil on it.
- Top dough with pesto, burrata cheese and a few torn spinach leaves.
- Drizzle pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh black pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cooked and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.