This chocolate sauce is so versatile. Use it warm and you have a drizzly accent for your cookies, cakes or pastries, use it room temperature and you have an exciting “drip” for drip cakes. Use it cold out of the fridge and you have the center of a truffle. It’s so easy to whip up and only needs two ingredients!
Fresh Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 2 Tbs liqueur – like Grand Marnier, schnaaps, rum, etc optional
If mixing by hand:
- Using a medium bowl, pour the scalding heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips. Stir with a whisk until fully mixed.
If using a food processor:
- Combine the chocolate and the scalding heavy cream in the bowl of your food processor. "Whir" until smooth.
- Temperature is of the utmost importance when deciding what to do with this ganache, so pay attention to the temperature of the ganache and adjust accordingly. A good temperature for making a drip cake, for example, is 80°F (26°C).