HOT ARTICHOKE DIP: Looking for a last minute dish to take to a gathering? This is it! Everyone loves a hot artichoke dip. This whips up so fast, and it only needs to bake for about twenty minutes. It’s creamy, savory and has a flavorful kick thanks to the pepper, garlic powder and fresh chives.
Be sure to use the canned artichokes packed in water, as opposed to the jarred artichokes packed in oil.
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 12oz can artichoke hearts packed in water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add the pepper and garlic powder. Mix again with the hand mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the mozzarella cheese and the fresh chives.
- Open the can of artichokes and drain the water into the sink. Turn the artichokes out onto a clean dishcloth and squeeze the excess liquid into the sink or a bowl. Chop the drained artichoke hearts roughly, so there are no very large pieces.
- Mix the artichoke hearts into the creamy dip mixture.
- Turn the dip mixture out into a small casserole dish.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with additional chives. Serve with squares of toast, tortilla chips, pita chips or any other scooping bread/cracker you can find.