Olive Oil Pizza Crust
- 7 cups flour all purpose is fine, although 00 flour is best
- 3-4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 2/3 cup water lukewarm
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- more olive oil for drizzling on pan
- Measure 7 cups of flour into bowl of heavy duty mixer.
- Mix in salt and yeast using the dough hook.
- Measure the 2 2/3 water in a measuring bowl and pour 1/2 cup olive oil into the water. Pour liquid into the flour while the dough hook is running at the lowest speed.
- Mix dough on low with the dough hook for about two minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and give it just a few turns, so the outside of the dough isn't sticky. Form into a ball and cover to rest and rise for about an hour.
- Slice dough into as many portions as you plan to make into pizzas. Form each portion into a ball and work, one by one, to roll easy ball into a large, flat disk shape. Keep your surface floured as you work.
- Drizzle a little oil into your pizza pan(s). Place the dough disk onto the oil, then flip over so each side of the dough has a little oil on it.
- Top each pizza with the sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake each pizza in a very hot oven. 425°F is a good place to start, but experiment with your oven. Generally, the hotter the oven the better. Proper pizza ovens can get to around 900°F.