A great dinner that comes together very quickly, is versatile and ALWAYS a crowdpleaser!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Amazon Music for new episodes of The Flying Kitchen EXPRESS! Weekly. You can also watch over YouTube! Thanks so much!
Easy Ground Beef Nachos (with Taco Salad Option)
- Ground Beef (see note below)*** I use an 80/20 blend of ground beef (80% meat, 20% fat). I think it's more flavorful. You choose which blend works for you – they will all cook properly using these instructions.
*** These measurements are for one pound of ground beef. Scale up for your preferred quantity. For my family, I use 3 pounds of ground beef. For a family of four, use one pound ground beef.
Per One Pound Ground Beef:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Nacho (and taco salad) fixings:
- bagged cheddar cheese, shredded 2 cups of cheddar cheese per 1 pound of ground beef – use your own judgement
- 1 bag tortilla chips I use 2 bags for 3 pounds of ground beef
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 jar salsa
- ripe avocado, or pre-made guacamole
- 1-2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- additional cheddar shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on salad (if making salad)
- taco sauce
- Other toppings could be: diced tomatoes, diced red onions, sliced black olives, or anything else you might want.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a skillet set over medium-high heat: brown ground beef in olive oil, breaking it up with a spatula.
- While the beef is browning, add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder.
- When the beef is cooked through and the seasonings are mixed in, take off burner and set aside.
- Pour desired amount of tortilla chips onto baking sheet.
- Distribute the cooked beef over the chips. Cover the beef with your desired amount of grated cheese.
For the taco salad option, reserve some of the browned and seasoned ground beef to top your salad.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about ten minutes. This will melt the cheese and toast the chips slightly.
- Serve immediately, topped with any of the toppings of your choice.